Greg Smith is a fifth generation Corpus Christi resident and a candidate for District 4 on the Corpus Christi city council.
A small business owner, Greg is CEO of Pioneer Resorts Inc., which was established in 1995 and is one of the top rated campgrounds in the United States.
He has been active in the local community and has served as:
• Member and chair of the Island Strategic Action Committee.
• Chairman of the Nueces County Beach Management Committee.
• Vice chair of the Coastal Windstorm Tax Force.
• Member of the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association Legislative and External Affairs Committee.
• Board member of the University of Texas Marine Science Institute Advisory Board
• President of the Port Aransas Preservation and Historical Association
During his time serving as a volunteer on community boards and committees, Greg advocated on issues such as windstorm, water, desalination, tourism, transportation, local history, electrical transmission and coastal erosion and protection.
A 1970 graduate of Flour Bluff High School, Greg attended the University of Texas, and is married to Deborah Smith. They are the parents of two adult children, Matthew and Catherine, who are both proud Aggies